It’s impossible to see all objects of interest of the Chernobyl Zone and to explore its diversity for only a couple of days. For this reason, resulting from the fact that many people want to visit the most exotic place in Ukraine, or maybe even in Europe, and considering the increase in demand for the trips to this region, a unique offer appeared – several-day tours to the Chernobyl zone (from three to seven days of permanent stay in the zone).
Several-day tours to the exclusion zone include an eventful program, a lot of photos, new knowledge, emotions, and experiences. The routes are made in a way that tourists can make individual adjustments (revisit to some places, long stay near specific objects, photoshoots). In the trip, you will be accompanied by a professional guide and an interpreter if necessary. The guide will watch over the safety along the tour, share the most interesting and important information and answer all the questions.
The main items of the standard program of the several-day tour to Chernobyl:
- completion of the on-site basic radiation survival training;
- meeting samosely, getting to know their lifestyle and if so desired – assistance in their household chores;
- trip to Red Forest;
- journey in the city of Pripyat (bus depot, fire station, the hotel «Polessye», central square, amusement park, hospital, town dock, cinema theater, City Executive Committee);
- the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant (sarcophagus, viewpoint, cooling pond, visit to the observation building);
- tour of modern Chernobyl (exhibition, helicopter pad, memorial complex, fire station), and getting to know its Jewish history;
- neighboring abandoned settlements;
- seeing the unique natural phenomena of the zone (a moss, which collects and concentrates radiation, places of intact nature);
- museum of local lore;
- sites of vehicle decontamination depot;
- experimental station of radiation biology of animal subjects;
- secret object Chernobyl-2 (giant arrays);
- checking into a hotel within the limits of Chernobyl.
It’s worth noting that tourists can ask to add or remove some objects from the route, they can also change the duration of stay and make some other personal requests.